All Commercial Catering Equipment repairs should be carried out by trained staff with working knowledge of the equipment being worked on…..
A Pressurised Steam Jacketed Boiler exploded injuring several staff members following a repair undertaken by an Electrician who had no expertise in Commercial Catering Equipment.
The Electrician by-passed several built-in safety circuits resulting in the unit eventually exploding…..Almost any machine is a “potential time bomb” if its safety features are tampered with.
Electrical wirings are a potential hazard, so are gas pipings. Splashing hot water, bursting steam pipes, a leaking gas pipe or badly fixed electrics can all lead to lethal accidents.
It is all really a matter of attitude – if you ignore manufacturers’ instructions and are willing to let any handyman fix your equipment as they please, sooner or later something will happen, regardless of the type of equipment used. With luck, nobody gets hurt, but with a bit of bad luck, someone might get electrocuted, burned, or otherwise injured, all due to bad maintenance and safety culture
- Cemco Install New Falcon G3101 Oven Range Trinity ChurchDecember 23, 2019 - 12:12 pm
- Cemco Install New Electrolux Dishwasher at The Community Learning Centre, Wimborne.July 5, 2019 - 11:48 am
- Cemco install Pass Through Dishwasher and Glasswasher for DC Products on PortlandJune 26, 2019 - 4:10 pm
- Cemco Supply Hobart Ecomax H603S Passthrough Dishwasher at Lakeyard Club, PooleJune 12, 2019 - 3:55 pm
- Industrial Curing Oven Repairs for Hammond Gower, AndoverDecember 14, 2018 - 5:34 pm
- Leading hotel ditches gas kitchen and makes green dream a realityDecember 10, 2018 - 1:17 pm
- Hobart H602S Installed at The Royal Oak – SwallowcliffeNovember 22, 2018 - 12:30 pm