A North East water authority is calling on kitchen operators to dispose of fats, oils and grease (FOG) correctly due to the high costs associated with clearing blocked drains.
Northumbrian Water spent more than £145,000 clearing 2,000 blockages last year, with greasy liquids such as cooking oil, butter, meat fats and sauces the cause of the problem after being poured down sinks or drains.
The organisation is this week teaming up with food outlets around the region to highlight the damage that can be caused by discharging oil or fat down sinks or drains.
- Cemco Install New Falcon G3101 Oven Range Trinity ChurchDecember 23, 2019 - 12:12 pm
- Cemco Install New Electrolux Dishwasher at The Community Learning Centre, Wimborne.July 5, 2019 - 11:48 am
- Cemco install Pass Through Dishwasher and Glasswasher for DC Products on PortlandJune 26, 2019 - 4:10 pm
- Cemco Supply Hobart Ecomax H603S Passthrough Dishwasher at Lakeyard Club, PooleJune 12, 2019 - 3:55 pm
- Industrial Curing Oven Repairs for Hammond Gower, AndoverDecember 14, 2018 - 5:34 pm
- Leading hotel ditches gas kitchen and makes green dream a realityDecember 10, 2018 - 1:17 pm
- Hobart H602S Installed at The Royal Oak – SwallowcliffeNovember 22, 2018 - 12:30 pm